Catherine Schlomann Robertson is a partner at Spencer Fane with a practice focused on financial institution litigation, collection, Uniform Commercial Code, pre-judgment collection, and creditors rights in bankruptcy. Her clients generally rely on her as both as their general counsel and outside litigator.
A competent creditors’ rights attorney plays a critical role in assisting clients who are grabbling with unpaid debts and struggling to recover what is owed. Catherine’s 35 years of experience allows her to successfully negotiate with defaulted debtor(s), aiming for amicable settlements whenever possible. If negotiations fail, then she prosecutes her cases with skill, thoughtful strategy, and a fierce desire to win. As the situations arise, she can navigate both civil, criminal and bankruptcy legal frameworks, ensuring that the client’s rights are protected and the maximum recovery obtained.
Catherine’s father, Kenneth Schlomann, help found the modern commercial finance industry in St. Louis, and then in the Bay Area of California. Catherine worked for this organization throughout high school and then college, eventually becoming rising to account executive. She now uses this early practical background for the benefit of her current commercial finance and banking clients to help them make savvy and efficient legal decisions.
After receiving her Bachelor of Science degree in finance along with minors in both English and pre-law, Catherine earned her Juris Doctor at University of San Francisco, where she served as Editor-in-Chief for the USF Law Forum and as extern to Thomas E. Carlson, a U.S. Bankruptcy Judge.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, 1988 (J.D.)
- California State University, Chico, 1985 (B.S.)
- California, 1988
- California Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Legal Advocacy for Children and Youth, Pro Bono Counsel
- Silicon Valley Humane Society
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rating
- Women in Commercial Finance, 2019
- International Sovereign Order of St. John of Jerusalem Knights Hospitaller
- San Mateo County Superior Court, Judge Pro Tempore
- San Mateo and Santa Clara County Superior Courts, Small Claims Court, Judge Pro Tempore
- International Factoring Association annual conventions