Brenden Desmond works with special districts all over Colorado so they can more efficiently and effectively serve their property owners and residents.
Brenden relies on his experience assisting special districts such as metropolitan districts, fire protection districts, water and sanitation districts, business improvement districts, and intergovernmental authorities to ensure his clients’ unique needs are met. Focused on providing resource on both short- and long-term matters, Brenden helps special districts operate and maintain their public facilities, services, and programs to keep them running smoothly.
- New York University Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, 2014 (M.P.A.)
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2012 (J.D.)
- University of Denver, 2007 (B.A.)
- Colorado, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Helped a water and sanitation district defend its rate setting structure from non-property owners.
- Assisted a governmental entity in a contract dispute over public facilities.
- Aided a water authority in a construction defect action related to a water tank.
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2024
- Public Justice Trial Lawyer of the Year, Finalist, 2017
- CLEA Award for Excellence in a Public Interest Case or Project, 2016
- The Wagner Review, Editor-in-Chief, 2014
- Denver Journal of International Law and Policy, Managing Editor, 2012
- Governor Love Scholar, 2011-2012
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- “Stopping CDARA Damages in their Tracks,” Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, December 17, 2020