Allison Tanner assists clients in connection with acquiring, selling or merging businesses or assets, as well as financial and real estate transactions. She strategizes with clients to organize and coordinate all the details involved in large corporate or real estate transactions, and assists clients in developing solutions to their transactional issues. She advises business owners and assists them through consultation, education, and interaction on all matters related to growing, selling, and buying businesses.
Allison has an extensive background in commercial real estate development, commercial leasing, financing, and construction, and represents various local and national developers, landlords, and tenants involved in office, industrial, retail, and multi-family developments in Kansas and Missouri. Her role in such projects includes land acquisition or disposition, development, leasing for build to suit transactions, office developments, industrial parks, and shopping centers throughout Kansas and Missouri. She has finance experience representing major institutional lenders in bridge, development, and permanent loans secured by retail, office, multifamily, and other income producing properties. In addition, Allison handles foreclosures, and has been involved as a special trustee expert in foreclosure litigation.
- University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law, 1997 (J.D.)
- University of Memphis, 1986 (M.Ed)
- Oklahoma Baptist University, 1984 (B.A.)
- Kansas, 1998
- Missouri, 1997
- Acquisition of a funeral services company.
- Sale of a sheet metal and roofing company.
- Sale of a security services company.
- Sale of a fire safety equipment company.
- Purchase of a Connecticut-based manufacturing company by a Canadian purchaser.
- Development of an apartment complex in Kansas which included HUD and IRBs.
- Hotel rehabilitation project using state and federal historic tax credits.
- Historic Downtown Liberty, Inc., 2009-2015
- Liberty Hospital Foundation, Advisory Council, 2013
- Liberty Hospital Foundation, Board of Trustees, 2014-present
- Liberty Rotary Club, Board Member, 2012-2013
- Liberty Rotary Club, 2009-2013
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Kansas City chapter, Director of Membership, 2011
- CREW-KC, Membership Committee, Co-Chair, 2006-2010
- Liberty Arts Squared Arts Festival, Steering Committee, Co-Chair, 2010-2014
- Liberty Arts Squared Arts Festival, Steering Committee, 2010-2015
- Clay County Economic Development Council, Marketing Committee, 2009
- Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Committee, 2009
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- “Missouri Foreclosure – a Step by Step Guide,” KCMBA, May 12, 2009
- “Missouri Foreclosure – a Step by Step Guide,” Missouri Bar, June 3, 2009
- “When Should a Business Hire an Attorney (with respect to leasing issues),” Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce, Lunch and Learn Series, September 11, 2009
- “Managing Distressed Commercial Real Estate,” KCMBA CLE, September 29, 2009
- “Missouri Foreclosure,” National Business Institute, December 11, 2009