Adam Veltri assists clients with complex matters involving real estate and oil and gas acquisitions, divestitures, financings, development, and operations.
Adam has represented national real estate development companies on all facets of real estate law, including assisting with acquisition of large development parcels, infrastructure development, entitlements, district matters, easement and title issues, finished lot improvements, and completed residences. In addition, Adam has advised national banks, investment firms, and developers on real estate, asset-based, second lien, mezzanine, term, and revolving credit facility financings, as well as joint ventures, limited liability companies, and partnerships.
In the energy sector, Adam has represented upstream and midstream oil and gas companies on all forms of oil and gas contracts, including purchase and sale agreements, participation agreements, exploration agreements, joint operating agreements, oil and gas leases, surface-use agreements and gathering, processing, and disposal agreements. In addition, has held various executive positions, including General Counsel, CEO, Co-Head of A&D, and Head of Land, with various oil and gas exploration and production companies.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1985 (J.D.)
- State University of New York at Albany, 1982 (B.A.), summa cum laude
- New York
- Colorado Supreme Court
- New York Supreme Court
- Represented a real estate company on commercial and residential development projects in Colorado and Arizona involving investment of more than $200 million.
- Represented a real estate fund investor on a $500 million mortgage debt financing of the acquisition and development of a mixed-use office, retail, and residential complex in Virginia.
- As General Counsel and Co-Head of Acquisitions for an E&P company, led effort to acquire more than $250 million in producing and non-producing oil and gas properties throughout the Rocky Mountain Region.
- Represented a publicly traded Canadian drilling fluids company on multiple acquisitions of U.S.-based businesses.
- Represented a publicly-traded E&P company on its $75 million acquisition of producing oil and gas property.
- Represented E&P companies on joint ventures with private equity firms for property acquisition and development.
- Represented a mid-stream company on land acquisition program for multi-state pipeline system.
- Represented oil and gas service companies on business acquisitions and master service contracts.
- Represented a senior-secured lender on $40 million reserve-based financing covering oil and gas producing properties in Oklahoma and Texas.
- Advised U.S. and international oil & gas companies on:
- $100 million funding facility from Middle Eastern Sovereign Wealth Fund for regional oil production projects;
- $400 million equity / mezz debt funding facility for U.S. project development from London-based private equity firm for U.S. oil and gas projects; and
- $100 million senior debt facility from an U.S. institutional lender for U.S. oil and gas project acquisitions.
- Represented a major real estate holdings company on:
- $150 million equity and mortgage-debt financing of the acquisition, redevelopment, and condominium conversion of a 500-unit multifamily apartment project in Virginia;
- $25 million mezzanine loan financing of the acquisition and rehabilitation of a multifamily apartment project in Texas;
- $20 million mezzanine loan financing of a 350-unit multifamily apartment project in Washington, D.C. area; and
- $75 million securitized debt financing of the acquisition and redevelopment of a 600-unit multifamily apartment complex in Virginia.
- Represented a major commercial bank on:
- $250 million participating mortgage loan financing of the acquisition and redevelopment of a shopping mall in New York City;
- $50 million participating mortgage loan financing of the redevelopment of a Class A office high rise in Philadelphia; and
- $200 million ground lease financing of the redevelopment of properties at a seaport in New York City.
- Represented a major commercial bank on $1 billion synthetic lease financing for the acquisition of over 1,000 retail gas station properties.
- Represented an institutional venture fund on $70 million secured financing of multiple amusement park properties in the Southeast U.S.
- Represented lender on a $2.9 million C-Pace loan for energy efficiency improvements to a commercial office building in Greenwood Village, Colorado.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2024
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Denver Petroleum Club
- “Why No Oil & Gas Wipeout? Innovation, Patient Lenders Are to Thank for Industry’s Survival,” Denver Business Journal, October 23, 2017
- “Trends in Energy Finance”
- “Land and Title Issues,” National Association of Division Order Analysts
- “Developments in Colorado Oil and Gas Industry,” National Oil and Gas Forum