Zach represents companies, creditors, receivers, trustees, indenture trustees, unsecured creditor committees, and other constituencies in corporate bankruptcy, restructuring, and non-bankruptcy insolvency matters.
Zach’s bankruptcy, restructuring, and creditors’ rights practice primarily consists of representing clients in negotiations or litigation related to bankruptcy proceedings, commercial receiverships, and loan enforcement.
Zach leverages his experience as a federal law clerk for the Honorable Cynthia A. Norton of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Missouri, and the Honorable Linda R. Reade of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa, to assist clients in assessing risk and designing effective strategies to achieve clients’ desired outcomes.
Zach received his law degree from the University of Iowa College of Law, where he served as a Managing Editor of the Iowa Law Review and was a representative for the Iowa Student Bar Association. Zach received his Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Northern Iowa.
- University of Iowa College of Law (J.D.)
- University of Northern Iowa (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Hon. Cynthia A. Norton, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Hon. Linda R. Reade, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City, Volunteer
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2023-2024
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2023
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Medal of Excellence
- Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy, Graduate, Kansas City, Missouri, September 2015-April 2016
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- “Notice Jeopardy,” Topeka Area Bankruptcy Council CLE, July 2016
- “Eat and Greet Educational Program,” U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Missouri CLE, April 2016
- “The Intersection of Foreclosure and Bankruptcy,” Missouri Creditors Bar CLE, December 2015
- “Witness Examination Tips and Techniques: Direct and Cross Examination of Fact and Expert Witnesses,” Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association CLE, November 2015
- “Motions to Extend the Stay: Coming to a Casino – or a Chapter 13 – Somewhere Near You?” the NACTT Academy for Consumer Education, April 10 and 17, 2016
- “Economic Development Strategy: The Creative Capital Theory,” 14 MAJOR THEMES IN ECON. 1, 2012