William Morfey counsels business leaders through a broad range of commercial litigation, trial, and arbitration matters. These matters include contract disputes, business torts, construction litigation, and securities arbitration. He constantly strives to obtain practical solutions to his clients’ legal issues while remaining a tenacious advocate, and he has handled a number of complex business litigation cases involving issues ranging from partnership disputes and recovery of fraudulently transferred assets, to piercing the corporate veil and real estate fraud.
William’s litigation work on both the plaintiff and defense sides has allowed him to achieve a full understanding of the dynamics of commercial litigation and has encouraged him to think outside the box in developing litigation strategy for his cases.
Working to educate other business leaders, William speaks to professional organizations on topics of interest, including the professional standard of care, and he has served as the Chairman of the Subcommittee on Standard of Care for the Foundation Performance Association, an organization for which he has recently served as President.
William has also served as Assistant Articles Editor of the South Texas Law Review.
- South Texas College of Law, 2001 (J.D.)
- University of Illinois, 1997 (B.A.)
- Timbergrove Manor Civic Club, President, 2009-2018
- Lazybrook / Timbergrove Super-Neighborhood Council, President, 2011-2015
- Houston City Park TIRZ 12, Board Member
- Foundation Performance Association
- President, 2018
- Director, 2012-2019
- Subcommittee on Standard of Care, Former Chairman
- Subcommittee on Peer Review, Co-Chairman
- Texas Super Lawyer, Rising Star, 2007-2008
- American Bar Association Advisory, Former Panel Member