William Brophy represents sophisticated clients in complex civil disputes at the trial and appellate levels, achieving successful outcomes that limit financial exposure in high-stakes situations. He has significant experience representing clients in insurance coverage and extra-contractual litigation, as well as toxic tort, construction defect, and other commercial matters.
In addition to conducting strategic motions practice and taking key depositions, William has drafted appellate briefs and delivered winning oral arguments.
- Fordham University School of Law, 2016 (J.D.)
- Florida State University, 2013 (B.S.), cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Won unanimous affirmance in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Appellate Division, First Department on summary judgment in favor of his clients facing significant individual liability, resulting in dismissal of breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims.
- Won a significant victory before the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation for an insurance company facing an attempt to centralize all federal COVID-19 business-interruption insurance cases.
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2024