Tim Ahrenhoersterbaeumer represents clients in all types of litigation with an emphasis on commercial matters, insurance coverage, and construction law. His experience includes prosecuting and defending contractual and tort claims on behalf of businesses, counseling both insurance carriers and policyholders on coverage disputes and representing both general contractors and subcontractors in litigation involving complex construction projects.
Tim has won trials in various courts in the State of Missouri and has also obtained favorable results in administrative hearings and arbitration. His appellate experience includes successfully arguing before both the Missouri Court of Appeals and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
- Saint Louis University School of Law, 2003 (J.D.)
- University of Missouri – Columbia, 2000 (B.A.)
- Missouri, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Lead trial counsel in a false arrest and malicious prosecution case brought by a plaintiff seeking $3 million in damages, and obtained a defense verdict after a five day jury trial in St. Louis.
- Obtained a permanent injunction on behalf of a political subdivision of the State of Missouri after a two-day bench trial in St. Louis.
- Successfully defended an automobile dealership in a two-day trial in St. Louis County against claims brought by a plaintiff for breach of contract and for violations of the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act.
- Successfully defended a contractor in Callaway County, Missouri on a claim for trespass brought by a property owner.
- Successfully argued at the U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit on behalf of an insurance carrier. Heubel Materials Handling Co. v. Universal Underwriters Insurance Co., 704 F.3d 558 (8th Cir. 2013).
- Authored appellate brief on behalf of an insurance carrier whereby summary judgment was affirmed by the United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit. Wolfe Automotive Group, LLC v. Universal Underwriters Insurance Co., 808 F.3d 729, 8th Cir. 2015.
- St. Catherine Laboure Parish, Volunteer Youth Athletic Coach
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2020-2024
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2014-2018
- “Litigating Insurance Coverage Claims: From Start to Finish,” National Business Institute, March 2014
- “Litigating Bad Faith Insurance Claims,” National Business Institute, June 2013
- “Insurance Law 2011,” National Business Institute, June 2011
- “Litigating Insurance Coverage Claims: From Start to Finish,” National Business Institute, February 2011
- “Bad Faith Insurance Claims in Missouri,” National Business Institute, March 2008