With over 20 years of experience as a litigator, Shannon Davies focuses on complex litigation. She helps clients successfully resolve disputes that others may deem difficult to quantify, challenging to explain, or too complicated to tackle. She is adept at uncovering every facet of a case, developing a detailed tactical plan, and crafting a story that will achieve results.
Her practice covers a broad expanse of matters including business litigation, civil litigation, constitutional law, labor and employment law, securities litigation, environmental litigation, intellectual property litigation, and collective and class actions.
In addition, Shannon consults with corporate clients in virtually all areas of employment law, including non-compete agreements, the Fair Labor Standards Act, civil rights litigation, OSHA compliance and litigation in state and federal court, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) issues, and employment contract disputes. She also works closely with businesses to negotiate and draft complex business contracts.
Shannon is a former Commissioner on the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission, a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a member of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the American Bar Association, and a member of the Business and Corporate Law Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association.
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, 1989 (J.D.), with honors
- University of Oklahoma, 1986 (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Lead counsel in successfully prosecuting an insurance bad faith claim on behalf of business developer, resulting in one of the largest jury verdicts in Oklahoma County in the past 10 years.
- Lead counsel in a wrongful death suit, gaining the largest jury verdict in the Western district in the state of Oklahoma.
- Represented a large multi-state business in successfully maintaining a non-union workforce.
- Leadership Edmond, Graduate
- Leadership Edmond Alumni Association, Former Board of Directors Chairman
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2022-2024
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers, 2006-2023
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section; Women in Law Section and Law Practice Management Section; Litigation Section; Labor and Employment Law Section
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Business and Corporate Law Section
- Oklahoma Employment Security Commission, Former Commissioner
- Edmond Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Edmond Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, Former Chairman
- Edmond Chamber of Commerce, Task Force on Women in Business, Co-Creator; Former Chair
- Edmond Chamber’s Finance Committee, Former Chairman
- UCO Foundation, Former Trustee
- Executive Women’s Forum International, Former Member
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Children and the Law Committee, Former Member
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Women in Law Committee, Children and the Law Committee, Former Member
- Terry Neese Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence and the Center for Excellence, Former Board of Directors Member
- Citizens for Edmond, Inc., Former Board of Directors Member