Serena O’Neil helps clients plan for the future by developing estate plans tailored to meet their goals for transferring wealth to the next generation. In addition, she also guides clients through probate and trust administration, helping to manage deadlines and resolve disputes amongst beneficiaries and creditors as harmoniously as possible.
When an estate or business dispute arises, Serena engages in the litigation process with her clients by meticulously considering the facts and developing persuasive legal arguments. From the first step of the case to the last, Serena strategically advises her clients through resolving the matter, be it through mediation, settlement, motion practice, or trial.
- Volunteer Judge for High School Mock Trial Tournaments
- Mentor in the University of St. Thomas School of Law Mentor Externship Program
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association Probate and Trust Section, Member
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2023
- Minnesota State Bar Association, North Star Lawyer, in recognition of pro bono services, 2019
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- “Structuring Private Family Trust Companies and SPEs for High Net Worth Individuals and Families,” Presenter, Strafford webinar, August 2022
- “Why Your Clients’ College-Age Children Need Health Care Directives,” Co-Author, InsuranceNewsNet, October 2021
- “An Essential Healthcare Checklist for College Students,” Co-Author, Advisor Perspectives, September 2021
- “Selecting the Right Trust for Your Client: A Scenario-Based Discussion,” Presenter, Minnesota CLE, August 2021
- “Selecting Trustees: A Panel Discussion,” Presenter, Minnesota CLE, June 2021
Contact Serena O’Neil at 612.268.7021 or email@example.com.