Seong Hong assists clients in navigating all phases of complex commercial litigation involving insurance bad faith failure to settle, product liability, class actions, breach of contract, medical marijuana licensing, transportation, and landlord-tenant disputes by utilizing traditional and alternative dispute resolution strategies to achieve optimal legal outcomes, reduce exposure to liability, and ensure that the client’s business needs and goals are met.
Seong represents a variety of clients from individuals and startups to Fortune 500 companies across a variety of industries, including real estate, construction, education, insurance, and manufacturing. Seong has drafted multiple appellate briefs to the Missouri Court of Appeals and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, authored and argued multiple successful dispositive and discovery motions, led and defended depositions of fact witnesses and expert witnesses, and organized a coordinated e-discovery review process.
Prior to entering private practice, Seong graduated from Northwestern University School of Law. At Northwestern, Seong served as a Notes Editor for the Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property and received multiple Dean’s List awards. Before law school, Seong graduated from Rice University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry and Cell Biology.
- Northwestern University School of Law, 2018 (J.D.)
- Rice University, 2014 (B.S.)
- Illinois, 2018
- Missouri, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, 2019
- Northwestern University School of Law, Dean’s List
- National Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Gates Millennium Scholarship Recipient
- Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Asian-American Bar Association