Scott Goldstein’s practice concentrates in the areas of bankruptcy and reorganization for businesses, representation of secured creditors and creditors’ committees in workouts and bankruptcies, and bond default situations both in federal and state court.
Scott received his bachelor’s degree in accounting in 1977 and his law degree in 1980 from the University of Missouri-Columbia, where he served as an Editor of the Missouri Law Review. Scott has been consistently listed in Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law section, Super Lawyers, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, Banking, Bonds/Government Finance and has for several years been recognized in “Best of the Bar” by the Kansas City Business Journal.
Scott was inducted into The American College of Bankruptcy in 2011. His selection for the College recognizes his professional excellence and contributions to the fields of bankruptcy and insolvency. Scott is a frequent lecturer and has published numerous articles on creditors’ and debtors’ rights issues.
Areas of Emphasis
- Defaulted bond trustee representation
- Secured creditor representation
- Unsecured creditor representation
- Chapter 11 debtor representation
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association
- American College of Bankruptcy
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Lawdragon 500 Leading U.S. Bankruptcy and Restructuring Lawyers, 2020 and 2022
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America, 2001-2023
- American College of Bankruptcy Fellow, Class of 2011
- Kansas City Business Journal, Best of the Bar, 2006-2014, 2016
- IFLR1000, Restructuring and Insolvency, 2022
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers, 2005-2022
- Numerous publications on bankruptcy and creditors’ rights and default and restructuring, including the following:
- Annual Bankruptcy Institute, The Missouri Bar, Lecturer (1996, 1998)
- Annual “Year in Review,” University of Missouri-Columbia (Bankruptcy) (1991 through 1996, 1998)
- Co-author of supplement to Chapter 4, “Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases,” Missouri Bankruptcy Practice, Volume I (MoBar 1994)
- “Fundamentals of Bankruptcy,” National Business Institute, Inc. (1995)
Contact Scott Goldstein at 816.292.8218 or email@example.com.