Ryan Cole is a civil litigation attorney with experience handling business and commercial, construction, and intellectual property matters in Texas and Oklahoma state and federal courts. He focuses on helping clients reduce their risk and grow their business by identifying and resolving potential legal issues early.
Ryan completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Oklahoma and went on to earn his Juris Doctor from the University of Tulsa School of Law.
Highlights of Ryan’s experience include:
- Successfully completed the settlement of dissenting shareholder right’s claim.
- Obtained numerous summary judgments for clients based on waiver clauses in usage agreements.
- Negotiated a teaming agreement on behalf of a small business with an international manufacturing corporation.
- Obtained summary dismissal of a bankruptcy case for fraud by the debtor and an award of attorney fees.
- Obtained numerous summary judgments or dismissals of product liability claims.
- Represented national construction company in construction defect and premises liability claims.
- Represented small businesses in contract preparation and analysis and with employment issues.
- Assisted health care clients with responses to Medicare ZPEC and RAC audits, prepayment review, and appeals of payment determinations.
- Obtained summary judgment for a client on course and scope and negligent undertaking claims brought by prominent plaintiff’s attorney.
- Obtained summary judgment and award of actual and statutory damages for client in contract/fraud case pending in Oklahoma.
- Successfully defeated a motion for new trial for an insurance client in Jefferson County.
- Successfully set aside a wrongly granted $2 million default judgment.
- Successfully set aside a wrongly granted $2.2 million default judgment.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit by two party plaintiff’s following completion of one plaintiff’s deposition.
- Obtained order compelling appraisal in insurance dispute after lawsuit was filed.
Presentations and Publications
- “Legal Ethics in the Information Age,” James A Baker Guide to Ethics and Professionalism in Texas, 2016, 2017, 2018
- “Worth the Paper They’re Written On,” Texas Bar Journal, January 2016
- Collin County Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- William “Mac” Taylor American Inn of Court
- OU Club of Dallas
Contact Ryan Cole at 972.324.0321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.