Ross Freeman is a member of the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group. Primarily a litigator, Ross focuses his practice on defending health care providers against lawsuits and claims related to medical malpractice and other personal injuries. Outside of his health care work, Ross also represents clients in cases involving premises liability, breach of contract, trust disputes, and other commercial claims. He assists his clients with other general legal needs, whether business or otherwise.
Ross earned his law degree from the University of Missouri School of law in 2016. While at the University of Missouri, Ross was a published member and editor of the Missouri Law Review and received four awards for individual distinction in his classes. Ross graduated cum laude from the University of Missouri and was initiated into the Order of the Coif, a designation for graduating in the top 10 of his law school class.
Prior joining the firm in 2019, Ross served as judicial law clerk for the Honorable Stephen N. Limbaugh Jr. in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. After his clerkship, Ross worked at a civil defense firm in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
Ross received his undergraduate degree from Southeast Missouri State University in 2013, where he graduated cum laude.
Presentations and Publications
- Published by Missouri Law Review: The (Hot) Dog Days of Summer: Missouri’s Baseball Rule Takes a Strike.
- Outside of the practice of law, Ross previously served as a volunteer coach for the Cape Central lacrosse team. Further, he is a member of the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce and has provided pro bono work for a local education nonprofit group supporting at-risk youth.
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2023
- Order of the Coif
- Missouri Law Review, Associate Editor
- John D. Lawson Award Recipient: Best work in contracts
- Bernard T. Hurwitz Award Recipient: Best work in Basic Federal Income Taxation
- Clarence G. Strop Award Recipient: Best work in Real Estate Finance and Taxation
Contact Ross Freeman at 573.708.6559 or firstname.lastname@example.org.