Dick Mersman focuses on maximizing the value of his clients’ real estate assets through development, acquisition, financing (conventional, tax exempt, and public incentives), leasing, and ultimately disposition.
Dick has extensive experience helping clients with properties ranging from retail shopping centers and full and limited-service hotels to residential, resort, and senior housing projects throughout the U.S. Additionally, Dick has represented clients in front of local, state, and federal agencies, with emphasis on public / private partnerships (P3s).
- Tulane University School of Law (J.D.)
- Tulane University (B.A.)
- Assisted in assemblage of a four city-block area for a new corporate headquarters, including the renovation of a 400,000-square-foot building, 800-car parking garage and surrounding infrastructure. Project included obtaining tax abatement from the municipal authority.
- Assisted in assemblage of 2.5 city-block area for the construction of a 1,062-room convention headquarters hotel, municipal parking garage and 60,000-square-foot conference center. Project financing consisted of nine separate tranches, including $98 million in Federal Empowerment Zone bonds.
- Managed land use entitlements, development and leasing of a 1 million-square-foot retail shopping center. Infrastructure was financed through the creation of Transportation Development District (TDD) and sale of $21 million of sales tax supported tax-exempt bonds.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2010-2024
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis