Dick Mersman focuses on maximizing the value of his clients’ real estate assets through development, acquisition, financing (conventional, tax exempt and public incentives), leasing, and ultimately disposition.
Dick has extensive experience helping clients with properties ranging from retail shopping centers and full and limited-service hotels to residential, resort and senior housing projects throughout the United States. Additionally, Dick has represented clients in front of local, state and federal agencies, with emphasis on public/private partnerships (P3s).
Highlights of Dick Mersman’s experience include:
- Assisted in assemblage of a four city-block area for a new corporate headquarters, including the renovation of a 400,000-square-foot building, 800-car parking garage and surrounding infrastructure. Project included obtaining tax abatement from the municipal authority.
- Assisted in assemblage of 2.5 city-block area for the construction of a 1,062-room convention headquarters hotel, municipal parking garage and 60,000-square-foot conference center. Project financing consisted of nine separate tranches, including $98 million in Federal Empowerment Zone bonds.
- Managed land use entitlements, development and leasing of a 1 million-square-foot retail shopping center. Infrastructure was financed through the creation of Transportation Development District (TDD) and sale of $21 million of sales tax supported tax-exempt bonds.
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Best Lawyers in America, 2010-2023
Contact Dick Mersman at 314.333.3944 or firstname.lastname@example.org.