Raciel Perez assists regional and national real estate developers, homebuilders, owners, and investors through the intricate aspects of commercial real estate transactions to complete efficient and cost-effective deals that help clients avoid unnecessary delays. This includes a proactive approach to navigating an increasingly complex regulatory environment and the potential transactional issues that come with developing major commercial projects, including master planned communities, multifamily, commercial, office, and retail projects.
His deep understanding of the real estate industry enables him to knowledgeably address clients’ top concerns while keeping an eye on market developments to help them remain competitive and maintain a position of strength not only now but also in the future. He is also fluent in Spanish.
In his real estate practice, Raciel also employs a collaborative approach to identifying and addressing all issues facing heavily regulated industries when advising clients. His work includes:
- Letter of intent negotiations
- Contract negotiations
- Due diligence reviews
- Sales and acquisitions
Outside of his legal work, Raciel stays heavily involved in the Tampa community as an active member of the Urban Land Institute and the Real Estate Investment Council of Tampa Bay. He is also a member of the University of South Florida’s Latin Community Advisory Council, whose mission is to serve as a bridge between the University and the Hispanic Community, assisting the University in increasing the number of Hispanic faculty and decision-making administrators, and the number of Hispanic students enrolling and completing their degree at USF; and informing the University about the needs and value of Hispanics in order to respond to the impact of the growing Hispanic population in our community, state, and nation. He was also a member of the 2019-2020 class of Tampa Connection, a nonprofit whose mission is to give local business professionals the tools to become active leaders and volunteers in the Tampa Bay community.
- University of Florida – Fredric G. Levin College of Law, 2013 (J.D.), cum laude
- University of South Florida, 2010 (B.S.), summa cum laude
- Represented a buyer in acquiring more than 4,000 acres of land for a residential and commercial development of nearly 10,000 homes and 5.4 million square feet of commercial and office use.
- Represented a developer in the sale of thousands of lots to multiple homebuilders.
- Represented a national homebuilder in acquiring multiple developed lots and vacant land for development.
- University of South Florida, Latin Community Advisory Council
- Tampa Connection, Class of 2020
- Best Lawyers in America, 2024
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Real Estate Law, 2021-2023
- Real Estate Investment Council of Tampa Bay
- Urban Land Institute