Paul Sander is an accomplished attorney who helps private, public, and corporate clients with all of their business transaction needs. He focuses his practice on real estate, finance, and business law, representing real estate developers, financial institutions, governmental entities, restaurateurs, investment groups, and many other businesses in a wide range of industries.
In his real estate practice, Paul advises clients on every aspect of a transaction, from obtaining and structuring financing to drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants. Owners and lenders of residential communities, shopping centers, apartment complexes, office buildings, restaurants, and hotels rely on Paul for guidance in negotiating acquisition contracts, all types of loans and other financing arrangements, and franchise and distribution agreements. He has extensive experience creating public-private partnerships and managing sale-leasebacks and governmental participation and incentive agreements.
During his 30-plus years practicing law, Paul has handled numerous other contract and business matters, including corporate mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and dispositions. He routinely counsels clients on starting and structuring business entities as well.
Paul received his law degree from Southern Methodist University and his undergraduate degree from Washington University in St. Louis.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1981 (J.D.)
- Washington University in St. Louis, 1978 (A.B.), cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Tax Court
- Represented a real estate developer with the assembling of various parcels of real estate and development of an approximately 500,000 square foot distribution facility, including assistance with construction financing and sale of the completed project for more than $70,000,000.
- Represented a real estate developer in the property acquisition, construction, financing, leasing and ultimate sale of a 170,000 square foot office building.
- Represented a municipality and its affiliated local government corporation in a public-private partnership transaction with respect to a downtown redevelopment project, including a master developer agreement and lease and development agreements for a convention center hotel and parking garage.
- Represented health care real estate owners in financing transactions in excess of $100,000,000.
- Represented a real estate developer in the property acquisition, design, financing, and construction of a 210,000 square foot office building.
- Represented a real estate developer in the purchase and subsequent development and sale of over 400 acres of undeveloped property and remaining lot inventory in a partially developed master-planned community surrounding a golf course in a Dallas suburb.
- Represented a real estate developer in the acquisition, construction and development of a shopping center anchored by a major retailer, including pad-site ground leases and sales.
- Represented a real estate developer in the acquisition and redevelopment of golf course properties.
- Represented a real estate developer in land acquisition, financing, development and sale of build-to-suit distribution facilities for a national package delivery service.
- Represented a pension system in the restructuring of an investment partnership and development and financing for a high-rise residential condominium project.
- Represented a variety of retail clients in land purchases, ground leases, sale-leasebacks and construction / mortgage financing for restaurants, including steakhouses and fast-food franchises.
- Represented a digital technology consulting firm in its creation via a non-taxable spin-off, financing transactions and subsequent acquisition, including a partial merger, by a holding company listed on the Toronto Venture Exchange.
- Represented a technology consulting firm in the strategic acquisition of complementary companies.
- Represented the largest privately owned manufacturer of pool tables and air hockey tables in its sale.
- Represented a private manufacturer and distributor of video lottery terminals in its sale to a publicly held strategic industry purchaser.
- Represented a consumer electronics recycler in the acquisition by a strategic foreign investor of a substantial minority position.
- Community Foundations of Texas Advisory Council
- Susan G. Komen, North Texas’ BigWig fundraising initiative
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- “Legislative Update: What Havoc Have the State and Federal Government Wrecked Now?” Business and Law Forum, June 7, 2017
- “Economic Incentives and Texas Taxes,” 2016 Business and Law Forum, October 20, 2016