Paul R. Janda represents clients in all phases of insurance and commercial litigation matters. He has tried cases to jury verdict and secured appellate victories in state and federal courts, in addition to achieving dispositive relief through motions practice and using alternative dispute resolution methods to advance and exceed client goals.
Paul has specific subject matter experience related to contracts, business divorces, local government, special districts, real estate, corporate duties, trade secrets, product liability, negligence, premises liability, forcible entry and detainer, civil theft, consumer practices, defamation, insurance coverage, civil rights, health care, employment, motor vehicle sales, real estate, railroads, environmental regulations, cannabis, and collections. In addition, Paul provides outside general counsel services to businesses, including those in highly regulated industries.
Paul completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Nebraska, obtained a master’s in music at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Colorado Law School. Before to entering private practice, Paul served as a law clerk to the Hon. Nathan B. Coats of the Colorado Supreme Court.
- University of Colorado Law School, 2015 (J.D.)
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2004 (M.M.)
- University of Nebraska, 2002 (B.M.)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Represented members of limited liability companies and other entity types in governance disputes related to real estate development, retail businesses, and professional services.
- Represented construction companies related to contract disputes and alleged environmental law violations.
- Represented real estate developers in litigation and appeals.
- Defended auto dealerships and logistics companies in personal injury matters and related to allegations of breach of contract, fraud, statutory and regulatory violations, and civil theft.
- Represented outdoor and fitness industry members in disputes related to personal injuries, governmental regulations, and contracts.
- Prosecuted and defended actions in forcible entry and detainer on behalf of individuals and commercial entities.
- Appeared before the Colorado Supreme Court as amicus for a healthcare industry group and local governments.
- Colorado Judicial Institute, Education and Outreach Committee, 2021-present
- Our Courts Colorado, Executive Committee, 2021-present
- Five Points Rotary Club, Member, 2021-present
- High School Mock Trial Coach, 2015-2022
- Colorado Prairie Initiative, Founding Member, 2014-2016
- Midwest Theater, Scottsbluff, NE, Board Member, 2009-2012
- Collegiate Speech and Debate Coach, 2005-2012
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Colorado Judicial Institute