Madison Perry is a member of the Spencer Fane Litigation and Dispute Resolution, K-12 Education Law, and Labor and Employment practice groups.
Madison has been involved in a wide variety of business litigation matters. She has experience litigating in numerous state and federal trial courts and has assisted in drafting appellate briefs filed in state and federal appellate courts. She has experience representing clients in intellectual property litigation, including covenants not to compete and trade secrets litigation; other employment litigation; education litigation; class actions; and contracts. She also serves as defense counsel on a multi-district litigation involving allegations of data privacy breaches. Madison gained valuable litigation experience while clerking in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
Madison has defended schools in administrative proceedings and lawsuits involving student bullying and harassment, discrimination, and employment contracts. She also counsels schools with regard to subpoena requests, teacher discipline, and student discipline. Likewise, she defends other employers in discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims, providing guidance and counsel to clients dealing with challenging employment issues.
Madison graduated from the University of Missouri School of Law. During law school, she externed in the Missouri Supreme Court and U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri. Madison earned her bachelor’s degree in English and Social Science from Fontbonne University while participating on the Fontbonne women’s basketball and golf teams.
- University of Missouri School of Law, 2015 (J.D.)
- Fontbonne University, 2012 (B.A.), summa cum laude
- Kansas, 2016
- Missouri, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2022-2024
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2023
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- National School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kansas City, Big Sister Mentor