Lisa Mayers is a local government attorney who handles municipal, special district, and real estate related matters. She provides general counsel to public entities, including advising on municipal bond financings.
Lisa also maintains a significant practice in the field of community association law, representing homeowner and commercial property owner associations, managers, developers, and property owners throughout Colorado. In counseling developers, she has drafted the initial governing documents for homeowner and property owner associations, and she regularly amends, interprets, and assists with enforcement of governing documents. In addition, Lisa has experience handling issues that arise when there is overlap between a special district and an owners association, and regarding financial matters pertinent to districts and owners associations.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 1993 (J.D.)
- Colorado College, 1989 (B.A., Economics)
- Kansai Gaidai University of Foreign Studies, 1987
- Colorado, 1993
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Drafted governing documents for new, mixed-use developments in Boulder County and Adams County, Colorado.
- Acted as general counsel and bond counsel on financing transactions for various public entities.
- Assisted large corporate clients to defend and negotiate negligence, breach of contract and other transaction-related claims.
- Presented to the Special District Association and Community Association Institute on a variety of topics.
- Kerns v. Kerns, 2002 WL 1050471, Colorado, 2002
- Compass Insurance Co. v. City of Littleton, 984 P.2d 606, Colorado, 1999
- Boryla v. Pash, 960 P.2d 123, Colorado, 1998
- Englewood v. Commercial Union Assur. Cos., 940 P.2d 948, Colorado, App. 1996
- Boryla v. Pash, 937 P.2d 813, Colorado, App. 1996
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2023-2024
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Community Associations Institute, Rocky Mountain Chapter
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Special District Association
- Colorado Municipal League
- “Infrastructure Funding from Application Through Construction,” 2022 Special District Association of Colorado Annual Conference
- “The Few, The Proud, The Districts That Can Levy a Sales Tax. PIFs, Too,” 2019 Special District Association Conference
- “Securing Debt and Borrowing Money By a Homeowners’ Association,” 2004 Annual Meeting and Educational Conference, Community Associations Institute, Rocky Mountain Chapter
- City of Littleton, Wallis and Insurance for Multi-Year Liability Claims, William J. Brady and Lisa K. Mayers, 29 Colo. Law. 5, Feb. 2000. The authors are coverage counsel who represented the City of Littleton in City of Littleton v. Compass Insurance, in the trial court and appellate courts
- Recovery of Non-Economic Damages in Delayed Diagnosis of Cancer Cases, William J. Brady and Lisa K. Mayers, 27 Colo. Law. 95, Nov. 1998