Leslie Witterschein serves as eDiscovery counsel and co-leads the e-discovery and Information Governance team. She works closely with clients to help them through complex litigation or investigative matters. With over 25 years of experience handling all facets of litigation, Leslie focuses on finding resolutions to disputes while advancing the business and financial objectives of her clients. Leslie embraces the collaborative team approach at Spencer Fane and advises co-counsel and clients on eDiscovery strategy, using effective tactics to minimize risk and maximize the desired outcome.
Recognizing that a significant percentage of litigation spend is concentrated on discovery, Leslie has spent the last 12 years focused on crafting solutions to a variety of eDiscovery issues, either as lead counsel or as a key member of a complex litigation team. She regularly works with small and large clients, as well as coordinated with multiple firms in complex litigation matters.
Leslie also advises clients on how to be proactive in reducing their business and litigation risk, counseling them on their data retention policies, litigation readiness plans, and overall data management.
- University of Minnesota School of Law (J.D.)
- Saint Mary's College (B.A.)
- Collaborated with matter counsel in preparing attorneys’ fees motion which secured a $23 million award for our client.
- Managed review of over 10 million documents, discovery motion preparation, deposition kit development, and exhibit disclosures on a portfolio of multi-jurisdictional financial services litigation matters that resulted in a $1.5 billion recovery for our client.
- Successfully drafted key burden arguments and detailed affidavits which persuaded the Court to reduce the scope of discovery on a particular issue by 97%, saving an estimated 8,000 hours of work.
- Analyzed and culled 50 years of land use and city communications records to identify key governmental actions, which resulted in a settlement value to the client of $25 million.
- Certified eDiscovery Specialist
- Association of eDiscovery Specialists
- International Legal Technology Association