Laura Fischer dedicates herself to delivering a high level of service to her clients as an experienced ERISA attorney providing guidance as Fund Counsel to employee benefit plans. Laura is equipped to advise clients on a variety of compliance issues, including ERISA, HIPAA, and the Affordable Care Act mandates. With her counsel, clients can more adeptly navigate the complex and ever-changing regulations regarding the administration and distribution of employee benefits.
Laura focuses her practice on self-funded health plans and represents multiemployer plans, single employer plans, governmental plans and retiree VEBAs. She helps clients design and implement compliance measures issued by the array of federal agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Labor and Health and Human Services, and the IRS. Her background in labor representation and ERISA litigation has given her the depth to comprehensively represent employee benefit plans.
Highlights of Laura’s experience include:
- Successfully advised multiemployer plan clients through DOL audits with favorable closings.
- Implemented the array of health care reform requirements, including plan amendments, benefit modifications, and compliance notices under the Affordable Care Act and Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act.
- Provided unique HIPAA training to trustees of self-funded health plans and business associates to comply with the HIPAA Omnibus Rule.
Presentations and Publications
- “Are We There Yet? Health Plan ‘Transparency in Coverage’ Deadlines,” Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), August 2022
- “How the Dobbs Decision Will Impact Benefit Plans and Sponsors,” BenefitsPro, July 2022
- “Protecting Employee Benefit Plans With Cyber Insurance,” Law360, July 2018
- Colorado Bar Association
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2016-2020
Contact Laura Fischer at 303.592.8365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.