Kyle Elliott helps his clients obtain patent, trademark, and copyright protection for their innovative products and services, so they can secure exclusive rights gaining a competitive advantage. Concentrating on electrical, computer, mechanical and chemical technologies, Kyle has extensive experience working with a broad range of products including aerospace fasteners, oil well drilling bits, transformers, vision systems, encryption software, UAV control systems, advanced polymer coatings, and bio-fuels.
Once obtained, Kyle helps clients enforce their patents, trademarks, and copyrights against infringers, so they can preserve their competitive advantage in the marketplace and profit from their innovations and development efforts. He also helps clients defend their products and services from accusations of infringement by competitors and trolls, so they can continue offering profitable and rightful services and products.
As a certified mediator who assists litigating parties with resolution of disputes over patents, trademarks, unfair competition, and copyrights, he helps clients bring closure to their disputes and return their focus and resources to their businesses. With over two decades of intellectual property experience, Kyle has developed case theories for accused infringers resulting in many settlements for no money and many settlements for less than the expected cost of litigation.
- University of Kansas
- University of Kansas School of Law
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Helped acquire multiple patent portfolios for Chief Automotive, Baader Johnson and many others, and managed their enforcement litigation, including the filing of many near simultaneous suits for MoJack resulting in most of the accused infringers ceasing infringement and others taking a license.
- Kyle’s analysis of intellectual property rights and presentation of that analysis to potential investors has helped many entrepreneurs and companies obtain funding for further patent work and commercialization activities.
- Settled a patent infringement case for Sizewise where Sizewise paid no money to the patentee.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2014-2024
- Kansas Bioscience Organization