Kurt Rozelsky provides pragmatic and effective litigation solutions for clients nationwide, helping them navigate difficult circumstances involving potential financial and legal liability. He has assisted clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, transportation and logistics, and insurance. Kurt prides himself on building strong client relationships and long-term engagements.
Developing a track record of success in helping clients through complex litigation and trials, Kurt routinely assists clients with difficult decisions regarding the retention of involved personnel and engagement of technical experts, while addressing applicable federal and state regulations. His trial practice includes insurance, product liability, catastrophic torts, professional liability, and commercial litigation.
Kurt is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and frequently presents at national conferences on topics including e-discovery, preparation of corporate witnesses, and ethics.
- University of Georgia School of Law, 1994 (J.D.), cum laude
- University of Virginia, 1990 (B.A.)
- South Carolina
- Not admitted in Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Tried more than 35 cases in state and federal courts in Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- Defended insurers in first-party and third-party actions involving property, casualty, construction defect, and fraud actions.
- Defended numerous catastrophic loss claims related to product liability across industries including manufacturing, industrial machinery, electrical products, aerosols, and food service.
- Assisted transportation and logistics companies involving liability, internal safety compliance departments, risk management, and training recommendations.
- Defended professional liability claims for attorneys, doctors, and pharmacists.
- Defended real estate developers in contractual matters arising out of regional and large-scale development projects.
- United Way of Greenville County
- Community Campaign, Chair, 2017
- Board of Trustees, 2016-2019
- Palmetto Society Board of Directors, 2012-2019
- The Family Effect, Board of Directors, Chair, 2018-2020
- Public Education Partners of Greenville County (formerly Alliance for Quality Education), Former Board Member
- Leadership Greenville, Former Board of Regents
- Compass of Carolina, Inc., Former Board Chair
- Greenville Literacy Association, Former Board Member
- Upstate South Carolina
- University of Virginia Alumni Association, Former President
- Best Lawyers in America
- Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2011-present
- Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2012-present
- Commercial Litigation, 2017-present
- South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Personal Injury – Products Defense, 2012-2022
- Business Litigation, 2017-2018
- Transportation / Maritime, 2009, 2010, 2012-2016
- Greenville Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year
- Product Liability Litigation, 2017
- Greenville Business Magazine, Legal Elite
- Commercial Transportation, 2012
- Business Litigation, 2015, 2022
- Personal Injury, 2015, 2017-2018, 2022
- Insurance, 2016, 2022
- Mediation, 2022
- Personal Injury, 2018, 2022
- Benchmark Litigation
- Local Litigation Star, 2010-2018, 2020-2023
- South Carolina Future Star, 2008-2009
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Peer Review Rated
- South Carolina Lawyers Weekly, Leadership in Law Award, 2012
- Greenville Business Magazine, Best & Brightest Under 35, 1999
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Associate
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Class Action and Multi-District Litigation Section
- Commercial Transportation Section, Chair 2013-2015
- Extra Contractual Liability Section
- DRI: The Voice of the Defense Bar, Trucking Law Committee, Chair 2010-2012
- American Bar Association, Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee, Vice Chair 2005-2008
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- South Carolina Bar
- State Bar of Georgia