Kris Dekker assists banks, financial institutions and other lenders of varying sizes close their transactions efficiently. He understands that timely execution is critical to a lender’s ability to compete in its marketplace.
His representation of lenders includes all phases of lending – commitments, underwriting analysis, loan participations and syndications, intercreditor negotiations, loss mitigation, loan workouts, collections, bankruptcy, foreclosures, receivership and post-foreclosure property management and disposition, and includes projects that are supported by tax increment financing, community improvement districts, historic tax credits, new market tax credits, federal and state tax abatements, bond financing and other developmental incentives.
In addition to representing lenders, Kris represents developers, investors and other real estate owners in a broad range of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, sales, financing and leasing for retail, office, industrial and multi-family developments.
Kris also represents other businesses with financing, general corporate matters and other transactions.
- $50,000,000 Syndicated Revolving and Term Loan secured by 45 Properties in 10 States.
- $90,000,000 Sale of Age-Restricted Multi-Family Developments
- $25,000,000 Revolving Loan Secured by a Commercial Real Estate Loan Portfolio
- $35,000,000 Construction Loan for Multi-Family Development (with Tax Abatement provided through IRB Bonds)
- $42,000,000 Tax Exempt Construction Financing for Health Care Facilities
- $14,000,000 Construction Loan for Manufacturing Facility (with Tax Abatement provided through IRB Bonds)
- $32,000,000 Construction Loan for Industrial Warehouse
- $13,000,000 Tax Exempt Construction Financing for Educational Facilities
- $35,000,000 Construction Loan for Retail Redevelopment Secured by Real Estate, TIF and CID Proceeds
- $9,000,000 Revolving Loan Secured by a Commercial Real Estate Loan Portfolio
- $35,000,000 Construction Loan for Industrial Warehouse
- $7,400,000 Construction Loan for Hotel Development
- $5,000,000 Revolving Loan for Single-Family Lot Development and Residence Construction
- $11,000,000 Term Loan Secured by Storage Facility
- $33,000,000 Construction Loan for Hotel Renovation
- $11,000,000 Term Loan Secured by Small Office Facilities in Several States
- $25,000,000 Construction Loan for Industrial Warehouse
- $12,000,000 Construction Loan for Retail Redevelopment Secured by Real Estate and CID Proceeds
- $13,500,000 Construction Loan for Manufacturing Plant
- $15,000,000 Construction Loan for Multifamily Development
- $29,000,000 Term Loan Secured by a Hotel Development
- $69,000,000 Construction Loan for Industrial Warehouse
- $30,050,000 Construction Loan for a Hotel (with Tax Abatement provided through IRB Bonds)
- $10,000,000 Term Loan Secured by TIF Proceeds
- $19,000,000 Construction Loan for Industrial Warehouse
RECENT PRESENTATION TOPICS
- Construction Lending Risks and Protective Measures
- A Practical Guide to Reviewing Surveys
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Fraudulent Transfers and Consideration Issues in Lending
- Serves as Vice Chair of the Board for Kansas City Christian School (2018-Present)
- Serves as Chairman of the Housing Committee for the Delta Chi International Fraternity (2020-Present)
- Served as the Secretary (2011) and the Governance Committee Chairman (2007-2010) for First Call – Alcohol/Drug Prevention & Recovery, an organization focused on reducing the impact of alcohol, drugs and other addictions through services to individuals, families and the community.
- Participated in the Greater Kansas Bar Leadership Academy, an organization working to cultivate leaders for community service initiatives in the Kansas City metropolitan area. (2006-2007)
- The Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
Contact Kris Dekker at 816.292.8130 or email@example.com.