Kirby focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation with an emphasis on consumer finance, real estate, and corporate disputes. He has experience representing financial institutions and corporate clients in all phases of litigation and dispute resolution, including consumer class action defense, intellectual property disputes, derivative shareholder actions, dissolutions, and contractual disputes.
He also has a robust appellate practice and has represented financial institutions in several important appeals throughout Florida’s five District Courts of Appeal, and the U.S. Eleventh Circuit.
Kirby’s prior experience includes counseling film production companies on film finance and foreign co-productions, as well as licensing intellectual property rights, and negotiating music industry related agreements. Kirby also served as a prosecutor for Florida’s Fifth Judicial Circuit.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, 2009 (J.D.)
- Pepperdine University School of Law
- University of North Texas, 2005 (B.S.)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2023-2024
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2014-2019
- California State Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association