Josh Hedrick is a business trial lawyer, who handles a broad array of commercial disputes representing both plaintiffs and defendants in complex litigation. Equally adept in the courtroom and at the negotiating table, Josh has a track record of successfully handling matters for clients in alignment with their overall goals and objectives. His clients range from large, publicly traded corporations to small businesses and individual entrepreneurs.
Josh has extensive experience with bankruptcy and insolvency-related litigation, including representing creditor committees and post-confirmation liquidating trustees. His practice also includes many types of business disputes – shareholder and partnership, fiduciary relationship, trade secret, non-compete, restrictive covenant, contract, commercial real estate, and those between commercial lenders and commercial borrowers.
Josh spends a significant amount of his time in the courtroom pursuing and defending actions involving temporary restraining orders, temporary injunctions, and the appointment of receivers; handling major arguments in trial courts and appellate courts; and trying lawsuits to judges and juries. He also brings significant experience in arbitration proceedings, including those administered by the American Arbitration Association and others.
Most recently, Josh founded and served as the hiring partner at a boutique litigation firm in Dallas. He has also served as an adjunct professor of law at the University of North Texas Dallas College of Law and at Baylor School of Law. At UNT Dallas College of Law, he held the position of Co-Director of Advocacy Programs, where he coordinated instruction for the mock trial program and assisted with the development of the curriculum for advocacy students.
Prior to entering private practice, Josh spent a year serving as law clerk for the Hon. Ed Kinkeade of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas. While in law school, he served as a judicial intern to the Hon. Justice Bob Pemberton of the Texas Third Court of Appeals.
- Baylor University School of Law, 2007 (J.D.), cum laude
- University of Missouri, 2004 (B.A.), with honors
- Texas, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Served as lead trial counsel in bankruptcy litigation matter involving claims against affiliated bankrupt oil and gas entities, resulting in bench trial victory; case settled favorably following bench trial.
- Served as lead trial counsel to plaintiff in 6-day arbitration final hearing resulting in multi-million-dollar award in favor of client.
- Served as lead trial counsel in real estate case involving claims for trespass and declaratory relief related to an easement, resulting in judgment for client following a week-long bench trial.
- Served as co-lead trial counsel to plaintiff in 5-day arbitration final hearing involving hundreds of millions of dollars in dispute related to a real estate development; currently under advisement.
- Served as lead counsel to a trustee in lawsuit asserting claims against former directors and officers of bankrupt entity; case settled after favorable ruling following day-long, pretrial evidentiary hearing.
- Served as settlement counsel and co-lead counsel in representation of unsecured creditors committee in achieving a $6.8 million settlement against former directors and officers of the debtor and their venture capital entities (covered by the Wall Street Journal)
- Served as lead counsel to beneficiary of liquidating trust in matter involving fraud and contractual claims previously held by debtor.
- Served as co-counsel to liquidating trustee in a matter involving fraudulent transfer claims pending in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Served as a member of trial team and settlement counsel in insurance dispute that resulted in a favorable $20 million verdict and post-verdict settlement.
- Served as co-counsel for class action involving underpaid royalty claims that settled following favorable rulings on class certification.
- Served as Texas counsel for class action involving defective consumer goods.
- Served as lead counsel in successful prosecution of case on behalf of minority shareholder in technology company in a dispute with majority shareholders and company management.
- Served as lead defense counsel in the representation of officers and directors of a private oil and gas company in a dispute with minority shareholders related to stock acquisition and alleged breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Served as co-lead defense counsel in the representation of the majority investor in a commercial real estate venture in a dispute with the venture’s management.
- Served as co-lead counsel defending a commercial lender at a temporary injunction hearing where a commercial borrower sought to enjoin the foreclosure of a multimillion-dollar property.
- Served as co-lead counsel defending a commercial lender in an adversary proceeding filed by a bankrupt commercial borrower.
- Served as lead counsel in obtaining the ex parte appointment of a receiver over a multimillion-dollar commercial property to protect interests of commercial lender.
- Prosecuted and defended multiple cases involving breach of contract claims related to supply agreements with millions of dollars at stake.
- Prosecuted and defended multiple cases involving breach of contract claims related to software as a service (SaaS) agreements with millions of dollars at stake.
- Jonathan’s Place, Supporter and Volunteer
- Andrew S. Fluhart Memorial Scholarship Endowment – University of Missouri, Founder and Donor
- Dallas Urban Debate Alliance, Board Member, 2013-2019
- D Magazine, Best Lawyers Under 40, 2018
- Texas Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2022-2023
- Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2015-2022
- Texas Super Lawyers, Up-and-Coming 100, 2019-2022
- Dallas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Foundation
- Texas Bar Foundation