John P. Branham handles all aspects of civil trials for clients, providing a steady presence and achieving successful resolutions in complex matters involving a wide range of claims. A Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, John has tried hundreds of jury and bench trials in the state and federal courts of Tennessee.
His current practice focuses on complex business disputes and plaintiffs’ severe injury cases. He has spoken on trial practice and procedures at many seminars for the Nashville and Tennessee Bar Associations, the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, the Nashville School of Law, and several other organizations.
John says he chose his practice area because he thought going to court was what lawyers did: “If I had known that you could really make a living doing an office or transactional practice, I might not have been inclined to take on the stress of trial work.” The stress paid off though. Today, John is one of Nashville’s most well-respected trial lawyers. Despite his success and vast experience, John still gets “stage fright” every time he enters a courtroom for a contested hearing. He says, “Each case or motion is the most important ever, and the fear of not doing a good job is palpable.” John is dedicated to providing the best legal representation for his clients.
- Tulane University School of Law, 1968 (J.D.)
- Middle Tennessee State University, 1966 (B.A.)
- Tennessee, 1968
- Best Lawyers in America, 1995-2024
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2014
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Rating
- BusinessTN Magazine, 150 Best Lawyers, 2009-2010
- Nashville Post, In Charge list, 2010
- Nashville Business Journal, Best of the Bar, 2007-2008
- Nashville Post, Best Lawyers in Nashville
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2013-2022
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Nashville Bar Association, Former Director
- Nashville Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court, Charter Master
- Barristers Club of Nashville, Past President