Business and Succession Planning
- Preparation and implementation of a variety of estate planning techniques including Revocable Living Trusts, Irrevocable Gift Trusts, Special Needs Trusts, Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts, Family Limited Partnerships, Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Foundations, Retirement Trusts and Installment Sales involving Defective Grantor Trusts.
- Planning and drafting agreements regarding matters ancillary to estate and business succession planning, such as marital agreements, buy-sell agreements, voting trusts, split dollar agreements, and deferred compensation agreements.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Structure and implementation of mergers, acquisitions, recapitalizations, liquidations and other corporate reorganizations.
- Work with middle-sized and closely held businesses regarding formation issues, choice of entity concerns, planning for transfer of control, partnership, S corporation and C corporation tax planning problems, debt restructuring issues and federal tax laws.
Estate and Trust Administration
- Counseling of fiduciaries in relation to independent and supervised probate estate, small estate, conservationship estates, and trust administration including involvement with estates and trusts with significant creditor issues and disputes among beneficiaries/shareholders.
- Successful representation in state circuit court to modify and terminate revocable living trusts, defend against breach of fiduciary claims and defend against Will contents brought by estate and trust beneficiaries.
- Successful representation of taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service at the audit and appellate level with regard to estate, gift and income tax matters.
- Preparation and advice related to complicated fiduciary, estate and gift tax returns.