Jason Byrd efficiently and effectively provides clients with informed legal counsel related to transactional matters, franchising and distribution, real estate acquisition and disposition, and commercial leasing, allowing them to take advantage of strategic growth opportunities while maintaining profitability.
In particular, Jason has built an extensive track record handling transfer of assets and equity; negotiation of national vendor service agreements; drafting and negotiation of franchise, licensing, and distribution agreements and related documents; and compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements for franchisors and franchisees. He has also represented clients in acquiring and disposing of more than 100 properties across the United States and negotiating leases for several hundred retail, office, and warehouse locations throughout North America.
Jason’s private practice includes working with businesses ranging in size from small startup entities to very large public companies, providing responsive day-to-day legal advice. This begins with understanding the totality of each client’s operations and using that as a guide for how to best achieve unique goals and objectives in all aspects of corporate operations critical to success.
Highlights of Jason’s experience include:
- Assisted multi-unit franchise operator in closing $27,000,000 refinancing transaction.
- Served as lender counsel in multiple credit extensions to support borrower’s business expansion totaling more than $31,000,000.
- Represented numerous franchisees in multi-unit purchase and sale transactions with sale prices ranging from $8,500,000 to in excess of $15,000,000.
- Served as counsel to national retailer in multiple portfolio sale-leaseback transactions involving approximately 60 properties and totaling more than $75,000,000 in sale proceeds.
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Business Law, Corporate Counsel, and Real Estate Law Sections
- State Bar of Georgia
- Franchise & Distribution Law Section, Real Property Law Section
Contact Jason Byrd at 615.238.6340 or email@example.com.