H. Michael Miller helps his institutional lender clients provide financing for real estate development. He has had a hand in the development of many commercial, retail, and multi-family projects in the Denver area, as well as other cities throughout the country.
For Michael, his clients’ needs are the top priority and it shows. During his four decades of practicing law, his practice has encompassed all types of business and corporate, financing, and tax law. It all comes into play in real estate transactions, and Michael makes sure his clients are prepared for the expected and unforeseen issues that can arise.
- Columbia University, 1965 (LL.B.), cum laude, Harlan Fiske Scholar
- University of Colorado, 1962 (B.A.)
- Colorado, 1965
- As special counsel to the city of Englewood, Colorado, advised them in the successful redevelopment of a former 50-acre downtown shopping center into a mixed-use, transit-oriented development, which has become a model of new urbanism development.
- Represented a group of lenders in the successful refinancing of the redevelopment of a 10-block area in central Denver.
- Represented clients in property tax appeals, resulting in millions of dollars in reductions in valuations of numerous types of property, including over $17 million this year in senior living facilities, as well as substantial savings for a national “big box” user.
- BMH-BJ Congregation, President
- Yeshiva Toras Chaim, Board of Directors, Chairman
- Lighthouse at the Breakers Homeowners Association, Former President
- Best Lawyers in America, 2022-2024
- Denver Magazine, Top Lawyer, Banking and Finance, 2010
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- “Depressed Property in a Depressed Market,” Denver Board of Realtors, July 2, 2010