Glen Civitts effectively provides a full and complete understanding of all aspects of transactions to help clients achieve their business goals and objectives through sophisticated asset acquisitions, purchasing, financing, or disposition of virtually any type of commercial real estate. He is a corporate attorney specializing in real estate and commercial finance and has an emphasis on health care properties and facilities.
As an advisor respecting all aspects of buying and selling property, Glen assists clients not only to understand applicable legal issues, but also to help them navigate the complex relationships that exist between buyers, sellers, developers, property managers, and tenants.
Glen’s clients work in a wide variety of industries such as construction, banking and secured lending, real estate ownership and development, hospitality (including hotels, restaurants and golf courses), and, most frequently, health care. From long-term care facilities to medical office buildings, from inpatient hospital facilities to behavioral care companies, Glen advises his clients not only on the acquisition, financing, development, and leasing of their property, but also on the unique regulatory requirements specific to health care industry licensure and certificate of need. With almost 30 years of experience advising health care clients on commercial real estate matters, Glen employs creative solutions that address their multifaceted needs.
Glen serves as president of the Association for the Preservation of Tennessee Antiquities, a statewide not-for-profit entity owning and operating 11 historic properties throughout Tennessee.
As captain of a nationally awarded high school debate team, Glen developed keen analytical skills, attention to detail, and effective verbal expression. Playing chess, however, taught him other things, such as the value of foresight and planning. Today, such skills and attributes serve Glen’s clients well in negotiating and closing sophisticated business and commercial real estate transactions.
Highlights of Glen’s experience include:
- Acquisition counsel to a private long-term care company that grew from three nursing homes to 85 during the period of his representation.
- Lead counsel for acquisition and growth of medical office portfolio initially consisting of 85 properties that grew to 114 properties with value in excess of $600 billion.
- Counsel for acquisition and disposition of two historic hotels, including a five-story luxury property.
- Acquisition counsel for initial portfolio of public REIT comprising properties valued in excess of $114 million.
- Counsel of behavioral health care company in disposition of operating business with value in excess of $53 million.
- Association of Tennessee Antiquities, President
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law; Health Care Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Real Estate Law; Securitization and Structured Finance Law, 2009-2023
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Securitization and Structured Finance Law, 2023
- Nashville Business Journal Commercial Real Estate MVP – Professionals Services Honoree, 2011
Contact Glen Civitts at 615.238.6322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.