Gardiner Davis has over 35 years of experience representing businesses of all sizes in commercial disputes. He helps businesses enforce their rights against defaulting vendors, buyers, and competitors.
In addition, Gard has experience in complex commercial cases as well as fiduciary and ERISA actions. He has appeared in dozens of courts throughout the Midwest, and before both domestic and international arbitration panels.
Gard is also the author of Aircraft Sales Solutions, a legal blog received through the Spencer Fane website.
Highlights of Gardiner Davis’ experience include:
- Successfully obtained a multi-million dollar arbitration award for a Dutch exporter whose supplier unilaterally cancelled its sales agreements.
- Obtained a defense judgment for the trustee of an ESOP in a case establishing the duties of directed trustees under ERISA.
- Represented a Missouri seller of auto-racing collectibles in a case establishing significant principles of Missouri agency law.
- Represented an internet service provider that had been served with a subpoena seeking records of customers alleged to have obtained copyrighted materials unlawfully. Obtained court order quashing the subpoena.
Areas of Emphasis
- Commercial Sales Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Fiduciary Claims Litigation
- Trust and ERISA Actions
- Member of the Litigation and Business Law Sections of the American Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Past chair of the Civil Law and Procedure Committee of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Past president of Gillis Center, a youth and family treatment provider
- Founding president of Conerstones of Care, a regional consortium of treatment centers for at-risk youths
- Board member of Volunteer Attorney Project, a coordinator of pro bono legal services
Contact Gardiner Davis at 816.292.8227 or email@example.com.