Gardiner Davis has over 35 years of experience representing businesses of all sizes in commercial disputes. He helps businesses enforce their rights against defaulting vendors, buyers, and competitors.
In addition, Gard has experience in complex commercial cases as well as fiduciary and ERISA actions. He has appeared in dozens of courts throughout the Midwest, and before both domestic and international arbitration panels.
- Princeton University
- University of Iowa College of Law
- Iowa, 1995
- Kansas, 1995
- Missouri, 1978
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Successfully obtained a multi-million dollar arbitration award for a Dutch exporter whose supplier unilaterally cancelled its sales agreements.
- Obtained a defense judgment for the trustee of an ESOP in a case establishing the duties of directed trustees under ERISA.
- Represented a Missouri seller of auto-racing collectibles in a case establishing significant principles of Missouri agency law.
- Represented an internet service provider that had been served with a subpoena seeking records of customers alleged to have obtained copyrighted materials unlawfully. Obtained court order quashing the subpoena.
- Gillis Center, Former President
- Cornerstones of Care, Founding President
- Volunteer Attorney Project, Board Member
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Business Law Sections
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Civil Law and Procedure Committee, Former Chair