Davis Bradford is a problem solver. An experienced trial attorney, he helps clients resolve difficult business disputes. Whether using litigation, arbitration, negotiation, or more informal means, he resolves complex matters through gaining an early understanding of his clients’ businesses, formulating an aggressive strategy to meet each clients’ needs, and using the calculated application of leverage.
Davis has advocated for clients in federal courts, numerous state courts, international and local arbitrations, including the AAA, FINRA, and the International Center for Dispute Resolution, and local and cross-border negotiations. He has handled and successfully tried multi-million dollar, complex cases involving multiple parties, intricate procedural histories, and extensive amounts of witnesses and documents as well as smaller disputes involving fewer parties and streamlined discovery.
Although a trial attorney by training, Davis advises clients in a wide range of business arenas. Examples of Davis’ experience include counseling and representing clients in matters related to breach of contract, oil and gas disputes, real estate disputes, construction disputes, employment agreements, trade secrets, non-competition agreements, partnerships, government investigations, insurance coverage questions, landlord-tenant issues, liens, open records requests, fraud, injunctive relief, and business disparagement.
- The University of Texas School of Law, 2008 (J.D.)
- Louisiana Tech University, 2005 (B.A.), magna cum laude
- Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Advised a client and successfully closed the international sale and transfer of all of a client’s franchise rights to a foreign company in a foreign jurisdiction.
- Represented numerous companies and individuals in non-competition enforcement disputes.
- Drafted employment agreements along with co-counsel for a client starting a business in the asset-optimization and infrastructure industry.
- Attained a new trial when hired post-judgment after his client, a lender, lost control of a piece of collateral and incurred a near seven figure judgment against it. The judgment was thrown out and the matter settled favorably.
- Represented multiple entities and trusts in a series of litigations involving control of hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Represented an apartment complex in a government-led discrimination investigation.
- Represented a commercial real estate entity in numerous disputes with tenants and co-owners for non-payment of common area maintenance fees.
- Represented and recovered money for multiple subcontractors using litigation, liens, and mediation.
- Hired post-verdict to appeal an adverse judgment secured in a jury trial against his oil and gas industry client. Davis and his co-counsel successfully reduced the amount owed by more than seven figures.
- Winning more than $15 million in a multi-party international arbitration involving a Chinese rig manufacturer, multiple 100+ million dollar contracts with a Venezuelan state-owned oil company, a Venezuelan services company, and a Houston-based oil and gas services company.
- Obtaining summary judgment on all monetary claims (over $7 million) a bank entity levied against his client in a breach of contract and real property restrictions dispute.
- Recovering over $1.4 million for a client via an arbitration award in a dispute over a breach of a purchase and sale agreement.
- Securing a world-wide temporary injunction in Texas for a valve manufacturer in a dispute over enforcement of a non-competition agreement.
- Representing a local, family-owned medical supply company sued by a multinational manufacturer. Davis found evidence the Plaintiff owed his client more than the amount for which the Plaintiff had originally sued. This discovery led to a counterclaim and a favorable settlement in this proverbial David v. Goliath style lawsuit.
- American Bar Association, Air and Space Law Committee
- Houston Bar Association