Based in the firm’s Kansas City office, Dave is a partner with the corporate practice group. Honored with his selection to Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers, Dave brings a wealth of knowledge to the firm, including experience in taxation, corporate, estates and trust, non-profit organizations, and real estate.
Dave received his law degree with honors from the Washburn University School of Law in 1979. He is a certified public accountant, and also holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from Washburn University.
Throughout his career he has represented clients from all industries and sizes, including private foundations and other tax-exempt organizations. His expertise includes: corporate and individual income tax; estate and charitable planning; business succession planning; corporate mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; real estate transactions and tax-free exchanges; partnerships and S-corporation formation; tax and dispute resolution with governmental authorities and negotiation, settlement and litigation of tax disputes.
Dave is currently a member of the American Bar Association, the Missouri Bar, Kansas Bar Association, the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Lawyers Association of Kansas City, and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He is licensed to practice in Kansas and Missouri.
- Washburn University School of Law, 1979 (J.D.), with honors
- Washburn University, 1976 (B.B.A.), cum laude
- Kansas, 2005
- Missouri, 1979
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent
- Best Lawyers in America, 2009-2024
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Tax Law, 2015
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2008-2014
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Lawyers Association of Kansas City