David M. Miller works closely with individuals and companies, providing guidance and counsel in all aspects of bankruptcy law and commercial litigation. All clients, both debtors and creditors, benefit from David’s extensive knowledge and experience in bankruptcy and related matters.
Clerking for two bankruptcy judges early in his career has provided experience that served his clients well. He advocates tenaciously for his clients, resolving differences and achieving successful outcomes, including several precedent-setting outcomes in Colorado courts.
David strives to anticipate unforeseen consequences and protect clients as they grapple with bankruptcy and reorganization issues.
- University of Denver, 1988 (J.D.)
- State University of New York at Buffalo, 1985 (B.A.)
- Colorado, 1988
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Argued successfully for the reversal of a dismissal order before the Tenth Circuit, setting new precedent in the area of personal jurisdiction. AST Sports Science, Inc. v. CLF Distribution Ltd., 514 F.3rd 1054, 10th Cir. 2008.
- Set new Colorado precedent relating to the scope of allowable exemptions sought to be claimed by bankruptcy debtors. In re Gardner, 2013 WL 3804594, Bankr.D.Colo. 2013.
- Successfully represented groups of homeowners in protecting their rights to pursue homebuilders on construction defect claims in large, nationally recognized bankruptcy cases in Delaware, New York, and Florida.
- Honorable Donald E. Cordova, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado, 1991-1992
- Honorable Patricia A. Clark, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado, 1990-1991
- The ARC of Jefferson, Clear Creek and Gilpin Counties, Board of Directors
- Best Lawyers in America, 2024
- Law Week Colorado, Barrister’s Best: People’s Choice, Best Bankruptcy Attorney, 2016
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Bankruptcy, 2012
- District of Colorado, Chapter 7 Trustees, Panel Member, 1996-2002
- District of Colorado, Standing Chapter 13 Trustee, Staff Attorney, 1989-1990
- Colorado Bar Association, Bankruptcy Subcommittee
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Faculty of Federal Advocates