Colten Jones works to gain a thorough understanding of his clients’ goals and objectives to assist them in creating and implementing strategies that help avoid litigation whenever possible and quickly and successfully resolve matters when lawsuits are unavoidable. He focuses his practice in the areas of civil litigation, business law, and estate planning. He represents clients in civil litigation matters, advising clients on a variety of business issues, including drafting all manner of contracts, and helping individuals plan for the distribution of their estates. He has represented companies in defending against claims of breach of contract, products liability, and trademark infringement, as well as represented businesses on the plaintiff’s side to enforce their contractual rights.
Upon graduating from law school, Colten clerked at Warren Circuit Court (KY) for the Hon. John R. Grise and Hon. Steve A. Wilson.
Colten is a Sumner County native (Cottontown) and attended grade school in White House. He enjoys spending time outdoors with his wife and young son and daughter, as well as playing tennis and going for runs with his dog.
Colten attended Lipscomb University on a tennis scholarship and was a four-year starter on its NCAA Division 1 men’s tennis team. He was named to the Atlantic Sun Conference All-Academic Team and was recognized as an Intercollegiate Tennis Association scholar athlete. He is a certified teaching professional by the United States Professional Tennis Association and specializes in junior development.
Colten is the head high school boys’ tennis coach at Merrol Hyde Magnet School in Hendersonville, which won the 2020-21 state championship. He also works with the Hendersonville Parks Department and the United States Tennis Association in offering a variety of youth and adult tennis programs.
Highlights of Colten’s experience include:
- Represents businesses enforcing and defending against breach of contract claims.
- Defended corporation against a trademark infringement claim.
- Represented large corporation in intellectual property and products liability matters.
Small Business Law
- Assists small businesses and nonprofits with formation issues.
- Helps small businesses establish and protect intellectual property rights, such as trademark and other branding rights.
- Drafts all manner of contracts necessary to operate a successful business, such as operation agreements, service agreements, license agreements, terms and conditions, and employment agreements.
- Assists clients in preparing estate planning documents and protecting the assets of the estate.
- Litigates to ensure proper distribution of estate assets, including actions to protect against waste, misappropriation, and other wrongful acts.
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Hendersonville Chamber of Commerce, Young Professionals Council
Contact Colten Jones at 615.780.7972 or firstname.lastname@example.org.