Christine Chasse, RN, has extensive experience collaborating with small and large institutions – including hospital systems, skilled nursing facilities and stand-alone emergency rooms – to assess and successfully resolve claims of professional liability, malpractice liability, premises liability, and wrongful death.
She also regularly handles regulatory and compliance matters and associate litigation for physicians, nurses, and chiropractors and their associated hospitals, offices, and health systems. Prior to law school, she spent 12 years working in frontline health care as a registered nurse.
Christine completed her undergraduate studies in nursing at the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) before completing a residency with Baylor Health Care System. She later earned a master’s degree in nursing administration from UTA and went on to work in nursing education, administration, and management before going back to school, graduating with her Juris Doctor from Texas A&M.
- Texas A&M University School of Law, 2021 (J.D.)
- The University of Texas at Arlington, 2013 (M.S.), cum laude
- The University of Texas at Arlington, 2009 (B.S.), with honors
- Texas, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Successfully represented providers in various board matters.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice for a facility in wrongful death case.
- Created an Internal Compliance Monitoring Program for a health care startup.
- TAMU Opioid Task Force, Student Ambassador
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association, Attorney Mentor
- AIDS Outreach Center of Fort Worth, Volunteer Registered Nurse
- Texas Health Law Conference, Law School Student Scholarship, 2019-2020
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association, Platt Cheema Richmond Scholarship, 2020
- American Bar Association, Health Law Student Writing Scholarship, First Runner Up, 2020
- Texas Aggie Bar Association, Scholarship Winner, 2019
- Lamber Goodnow Law School, Scholarship Award, 2019
- Baylor All Saints Medical Center, President’s Award, 2011
- The American Association of Nurse Attorneys, Texas Chapter
- American Nurses Association
- Texas Nursing Association
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- National Filipino American Lawyers Association
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- “Nursing Errors and the Accidental Homicide: Just Culture,” Headnotes, Dallas Bar Association, April 2023
- Comparative Laws In Public Health Unmasked, 29 U. MIA Int’l& Comp. L. Rev. 188, 2022
- “When You Don’t Fit into Anyone’s Box, Draw Your Own,” Leg Up Legal, March 18, 2021
- “Flattening the Provider Curve: Temporary COVID-19Measures Expanding Scopes of Practice and Lessons from the Past,” American Bar Association, July 29, 2020
- “Caps on Capsules: Prescription for Lower Drug Prices in the United States,” 75 Food & Drug L.J. 280, 2020