Charles Cowherd is a member of the Banking and Financial Services and Litigation and Dispute Resolution groups. He has devoted his practice to assisting clients resolve a wide range of complex commercial and financial disputes.
Charles has a depth of trial experience during more than 35 years of practice in which he has represented financial institutions, retailers, manufacturers, municipalities, real estate developers, contractors, creditors, employers, and individuals in complex matters in state and federal courts. Those cases have included claims for personal injury, contract damages, condemnation damages, injunctions, and civil rights. Charles’s commercial practice has included the sale and acquisition of businesses, including financial institutions, foreclosures, real estate development, and bankruptcy proceedings.
Charles is licensed in Missouri and is authorized to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, the Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Missouri, the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law, 1978 (J.D.)
- University of Missouri – Columbia, 1975 (B.S.), cum laude
- Missouri, 1978
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, 1978
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Springfield-Branson Airport, Board of Directors, 2002-present; Chair, 2006-2007
- Springfield Police Officers’ and Firefighters’ Retirement System, Board of Trustees, 2010-present; Chair, 2012-2013; President, 2013-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2023-2024
- American Association for Justice
- The Missouri Bar, Missouri Bar Commercial Law Section, Courts and CLE Bulletin, Editor, 1993-2006
- Missouri Real Estate Appraiser Commission
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, President, 2004
- Missouri Banker’s Association