Focusing his practice in health care, real estate, and corporate law, Chad Cook is a transactional attorney providing knowledgeable and straightforward counsel to clients based on their individual needs and business goals.
Chad helps hospitals, physicians and senior care facilities with a variety of health care transactions and contract negotiations, including assistance with:
- Licensing matters, fraud and abuse compliance and other regulatory matters.
- Physician contracting and practice acquisition.
- Hospital-physician joint ventures and other arrangements.
- Vendor contracts, exclusive provider contracts and senior care contracts with residents and personal representatives.
Representing real estate developers, Chad negotiates real estate documents such as leases, sales agreements and loan documents, handles title matters and real estate and loan closings, and forms and administrates special districts such as TDDs and CIDs. He previously served as real estate development coordinator for a regional senior care company.
Additionally, Chad counsels business clients with respect to the formation of business entities, contract negotiations, nonprofit issues, asset acquisitions and dispositions, mergers, and other complex business transactions and structures.
- University of Kansas School of Law, 2001 (J.D.)
- University of Kansas, 2001 (M.B.A.)
- MidAmerica Nazarene University, 1996 (B.A.)
- Kansas, 2001
- Missouri, 2002
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Represented a national commercial real estate developers with shopping center and hotel developments.
- Represented a regional water district in acquisition of property for eventual development of public lake.
- Previously served with the in-house legal department for a national hospital system representing multiple hospitals nationwide.
- College Church of the Nazarene, Board of Trustees, 2007-present
- Nazarene Theological Seminary, Board of Trustees, 2009-present
- MidAmerica Nazarene University, Board of Trustees, 2010-present
- Health Partnership Clinic of Johnson County, Board of Directors, 2003-2009
- Best Lawyers in America, 2024