Casey Murray helps employers manage difficult situations with their current and former employees. In this capacity, Casey defends employers in discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims, and provides guidance and counsel to clients dealing with challenging employment issues, such as terminations or discipline.
He also assists businesses dealing with OSHA-related employment investigations – such as whistleblowing allegations – by working with employers to develop effective and efficient responses to any charges.
In his litigation work, Casey frequently works with employers to draft and enforce non-compete agreements. In addition, he is an experienced appellate advocate who has argued before the Missouri Supreme Court and the Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District.
- University of Kansas School of Law, 2005 (J.D.)
- Marquette University, 1991 (B.A.)
- Kansas, 2005
- Missouri, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Represented a construction contractor in defending charges of discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims filed by employees with the EEOC, the Missouri Commission on Human Rights, the Kansas Human Rights Commission, the NLRB, and the Department of Labor. Defended employer in multiple charges, including achieving a dismissal of a harassment claim in Missouri state court.
- Provided guidance and representation to a rural hospital in its defense against employment litigation, and assisted with negotiating severance packages to departing employees.
- Helped a tow truck company draft and defend its non-compete agreements against the violations of former employees.
- Represented a large health care placement company in drafting and defending its non-compete agreements, as well as litigating breach of contract issues arising out its client-service agreements.
- Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy graduate, 2013
- Best Lawyers in America, 2023-2024
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2015
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Employment Law Committee, Co-Vice Chair
- Heartland Labor & Employment Law Institute