Serving as a litigator and outside counsel for businesses, Bryant Lamer has a reputation for providing certain and practical legal advice. Developing a strong relationship with his clients and their businesses is the first step in providing this service.
Bryant’s clients know that they can contact him directly, at any time, for all the legal issues they may face so that he can identify the best lawyer to efficiently and effectively address the issue. As one international automobile leasing client wrote, “Bryant has been a great asset to our company and represented us as if he were our own in-house lawyer. He takes personal interest in our challenges and issues, helping us understand all our options. I also trust Bryant to be honest, his character is one of his many strengths.”
In addition to serving as an outside counsel, Bryant is recognized for his experience and capabilities as trial counsel for consumer class actions, business litigation and other consumer fraud litigation. Bryant has achieved successful results for his clients in federal, state and administrative proceedings. In addition, Bryant has experience litigating disputes before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and the American Arbitration Association (AAA).
Bryant also conducts investigations and provides counsel concerning corporate embezzlement and fraud. In particular, Bryant counsels clients concerning preparation and implementation of internal guidelines to protect against fraud and embezzlement, identification of fraudulent activity, identification of embezzlement, internal interviews and analysis concerning the scope of fraud or embezzlement, and coordinating with state and federal authorities. Further, Bryant assists his clients in recovering embezzled assets both nationally and internationally.
Alternative fee arrangements are an integral function of Bryant’s practice. While he conducts work on a billable hour basis, he regularly counsels and litigates matters through alternative billing structures including flat fee (a specific amount for a specific project or matter), fixed fee (set amount for larger projects involving multiple matters), risk sharing and performance-based fee (outcome based reduction or increase in fee), or capped fees (limitation placed on the total amount of a project, but billed on an hourly basis). In addition, Bryant litigates contingency fee matters for both businesses and individuals.
- University of Michigan Law School, 2000 (J.D.)
- University of Kansas
- Illinois, 2000
- Kansas, 2007
- Missouri, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Park Hill Education Foundation, Board Member
- United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Kansas City, Board Member; Former Chairperson of Board of Directors
- City of Parkville, Missouri Planning and Zoning Commission
- Kansas City Tomorrow, 2008-2009
- Lawyers Association of Kansas City, Board Member
- Leadership Class of Missouri, 2013
- Best Lawyers in America, 2022-2024
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2017-2023
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2010-2011, 2013-2014
- Kansas City Business Journal, Best of the Bar, 2015-2016
- American Bar Association
- Federal Trial Bar of the Northern District of Illinois
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce