Bill Hayward is a corporate attorney who, for more than four decades, has counseled an array of clients with their business and legal transactions, including real estate, corporate finance, lending, and mergers and acquisitions. He represents clients in a wide variety of industries ranging from startup businesses to well-established corporations.
Bill has built a strong reputation for his real estate practice. During his career he has advised numerous clients through the development of projects, both commercial and multi-family units. He has assisted these clients in establishing an overall structure for their project and obtaining the necessary financing and equity for development.
In his corporate area of practice, he has extensive experience in company transactions, both as a buyer and seller, facilitating a large number of acquisitions and sales. In addition, he has guided many new businesses to successfully navigate the assorted and necessary startup requirements.
Bill graduated with a Juris Doctorate from the Dedman School of Law at Southern Methodist University. He also earned a Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting from Southern Methodist University. Following his undergraduate degree, Bill joined Arthur Young (now Ernst & Young) prior to pursuing his legal education. The accounting experience has been an invaluable tool during his legal career.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1974 (J.D.)
- Southern Methodist University, 1970 (B.B.A.), cum laude
- Texas, 1974
- Represented the largest franchisee for a regional fast food restaurant in the sale of the franchisee’s 55 store locations to the corporate parent. Bill has counseled several other hospitality franchisee associations.
- Represented a real estate developer who has managed the growth of 25 multi-family projects throughout Texas.
- Assisted multiple clients to partner with financial institutions for bank loans and mezzanine financing.
- Counseled multiple corporate customers in the DFW Metroplex who have remained satisfied clients for over 30 years. These clients include a commercial trade association and two of the largest produce entities in Texas.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2021-2024
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association