Bethany Vanhooser leads critical efforts to help her clients identify potential legal exposure and liability, aiding them in developing legal strategies for litigation scenarios and assisting them in resolving and managing critical litigation matters. She concentrates her law practice in the civil and business litigation areas, with a focus on trade secrets and labor and employment.
Prior to graduating from law school, Bethany served in the University of Tennessee Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards and worked for the University of Tennessee Vice Chancellor for Student Life. She also spent time clerking for the University of Tennessee Office of General Counsel as well as two Tennessee law firms, where she drafted legal documents, including response to a motion for summary judgment, settlement agreements, and demand letters. She also provided legal research, prepared memoranda, and reviewed lease documents and contracts.
Bethany received a bachelor of political science and economics, summa cum laude, and a master’s in public policy and public administration, summa cum laude, both from the University of Tennessee. While in law school, Bethany served as the editor-in-chief of the Tennessee Law Review and was selected as a member of the Order of the Coif.
Bethany is a Tennessee native. When not in the office, Bethany enjoys traveling, watching sports, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
Highlights of Bethany’s experience include:
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Litigated several breach of contract matters.
- Litigated property disputes, such as disputes regarding location and intrusion on an easement and property line disputes.
Labor and Employment Law
- Assists in cases involving employment discrimination, FLSA, and retaliatory discharge.
- Assists in matters regarding issues school districts face.
- Successfully resolved trade secret litigation involving company and former customer, including a matter seeking a temporary restraining order and temporary injunction.
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Lawyers’ Association for Women
- Belmont Inn of Court
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2023
Presentations and Publications
- “Employers, Come on Down: Responding to Charges of Discrimination before the EEOC and State Agencies,” Spencer Fane WorkSmarts Seminar, September 2022
Contact Bethany Vanhooser at 615.238.6314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.