Beth Miller is a member of the Employee Benefits Practice Group. She helps clients by identifying practical solutions to a wide variety of legal matters in the areas of employer-sponsored retirement plans, executive compensation, fiduciary obligations, and advisory services.
Beth works with her clients to assess issues and identify opportunities to mitigate legal, reputation, and financial risks in innovative and constructive ways. Prior to joining Spencer Fane, Beth worked as in-house counsel at a large investment management firm providing bundled recordkeeping services and advisory services to clients. Relying on her significant experience in the industry, she advises clients in a solution-oriented and concise manner to resolve issues and achieve strategic objectives.
Highlights of Beth’s experience include:
- Advising clients on complex employee benefit matters, including plan governance, operational risk, plan services, and fiduciary obligations.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements for plan administration services and advisory services.
- Analyzing fee arrangements, regulatory disclosures, and participant communications.
- Assisting clients with correction of plan operational issues.
- Preparing plan amendments and documents.
- Interacting with the IRS, DOL, and SEC on behalf of clients regarding audits, complaints, and regulatory filings.
- 2021 inflation adjustments for benefits plans, BenefitsPRO (November 19, 2020)
- An Important SECURE and CARES Act Reminder for Plan Administrators, BenefitsPRO (August 24, 2020)
- SECURE Act – What Provisions are Unique to Defined Benefits Plans? BenefitsPRO (May 1, 2020)
- COVID-19 Prompts SEC Extension of Filing Period for Some Advisers, BenefitsPRO (March 30, 2020)
- SEC’s Regulation Best Interest: A Breakdown, ThinkAdvisor (July 26, 2019)
- The SEC Investment Adviser Standard of Conduct: A Breakdown, ThinkAdvisor (August 9, 2019)
- SEC’s New Form CRS: A Breakdown, ThinkAdvisor (September 13, 2019)
- Uncashed checks issued to retirement plan participants are taxable, BenefitsPRO (October 10, 2019)
- SEC’s ‘Solely Incidental’ Broker-Dealer Exclusion: A Breakdown, ThinkAdvisor (October 18, 2019)
Contact Beth Miller at 913.327.5124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.