Arnie Kaplan has significant experience in public and private offerings, municipal bond financings, loan transactions, tender offers, mergers and acquisitions, and other federal and state securities matters. Arnie advises business entities, political subdivisions, and 501(c)(3) organizations on corporate governance and business matters.
In the municipal bond area, he has represented underwriters, borrowers, banks, and issuers in almost every kind of municipal bond transaction, from health care to housing, including general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, public / private partnerships, and letters of credit.
- Rutgers University, 1971 (J.D.), Editor, Rutgers Law Review (1970-71)
- Rutgers University, 1968 (B.A.), Phi Beta Kappa, with high honors and with distinction in history
- New Jersey
- New York
- Helped a business improvement district negotiate a discount on the par amount of its outstanding bonds.
- Helped a health care provider avoid penalties for potential overpayments in its Medicare and Medicaid charges.
- Assisted a corporate client negotiate a new long term lease, resulting in substantially lower monthly rental payments.
- Completed the municipal bond financing mechanism for a public / private partnership involving annual appropriation sales tax diversion and the creation of a public improvement fee, in order to bring a major shopping center development to the City of Pueblo.
- Best Lawyers in America, 2024
- LeadingAge Colorado
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Colorado Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association