Andrea Chase represents secured and unsecured creditors and bankruptcy trustees in bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy insolvency proceedings such as receiverships and foreclosure proceedings, out of court workouts and restructurings, and other related insolvency matters.
Andrea graduated with highest distinction from the University of Iowa College of Law. During law school, she externed for Chief Judge Thad Collins of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Iowa. She also served as a Managing Editor for the Iowa Law Review, was a member of the Pro Bono Society, and earned a Boyd Service Award. Andrea received her bachelor’s degree, summa cum laude, in Business Administration and Government & International Affairs from Augustana College.
Andrea is involved in multiple bankruptcy organizations. She currently serves on the advisory board for the Midwestern Bankruptcy Institute, an annual program jointly sponsored by the American Bankruptcy Institute and the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Andrea also serves on the board of the Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association.
She has authored articles on the following topics:
- Off to the Races: Procedural and Substantive Implications of § 557 and Grain Storage Facilities, XLI ABI Journal 40-41, 71, December 2022 (with Eric L. Johnson and James A. Lodoen of Spencer Fane)
- Legal Eagle Spotlight: What Does the Trustee Mean to Me, The Show-Me Banker, December 2021
- Trouble on the Farm? ABA Banking Journal, October 2020 (with Jim Lodoen of Spencer Fane)
- Family Farmer Relief Act Expands Chapter 12 Eligibility, The Missouri Banker, Volume 75, No. 11, November 2019 (with Melissa Sherman of Spencer Fane)
- Beware of Priming Liens: Four Common Types of Priming Liens and Interests, American Bankruptcy Institute, Secured Credit Newsletter, September 2019 (with Eric Johnson of Spencer Fane)
- Property of the Chapter 7 Estate in a Converted Individual Chapter 11 Case? XXXVI ABI Journal 8, 20, 76-78, August (2017) with Eric L. Johnson (Spencer Fane) and Mark G. Stingley and Sara Holdmeyer (Bryan Cave LLP)
- Death Traps, Pitfalls and Safe Harbors: The Key Provisions of 11 U.S.C. § 546, American Bankruptcy Institute, Young and New Members Committee Newsletter (2014) with Eric L. Johnson (Spencer Fane)
- Missouri Bankruptcy Practice, 2nd Ed., 2015 Cumulative Supplement to Chapter 8: Chapter 11 Case Administration with Laura Hughes (Rabo AgriFinance), Joel Pelofsky (Berman DeLevee Kuchan & Chapman, LC) and David Warfield (Thompson Coburn LLP)
Memberships and Civic Involvement
- Chair, Midwestern Bankruptcy Institute
- Advisory Board, Midwestern Bankruptcy Institute
- Education Director, Secured Credit Committee, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Kansas City Chamber of Commerce’s Centurions Leadership Program, Apex Fall Class of 2024
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2023
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, Up & Coming, 2022
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2022
- American Bankruptcy Institute, 40 Under 40 Honoree, 2021
Contact Andrea Chase at 816.292.8279 or firstname.lastname@example.org.