Abena Echternach helps clients successfully resolve transactions and litigation matters when reputation and operational continuity are threatened, achieving successful resolutions that minimize legal and financial exposure.
Previously working as a summer clerk with the firm, Abena gained valuable exposure in multiple practice groups. She currently assists a diverse set of clients with real estate transactions and health law matters across a wide range of industries. She handles the drafting of documents, including commercial leases, entity formation, legal research, and preparation for deal closings.
Abena provides critical support in matters ranging from fast-moving real estate transactions to fact-intensive compliance disputes in the health care setting, showing the ability to address the full range of risks that a business might encounter, mitigating those risks before they are realized.
Prior to entering private practice, Abena interned for the United Nations Population Fund, interned for Tennessee Justice for Our Neighbors, worked at the Division of TennCare, and clerked for the Office of the District Attorney General in the Sixth District of Tennessee.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, 2021 (J.D.)
- Lipscomb University, 2017 (B.S.)
- American International School of Accra
- Herbert L. Davis Memorial Trust Fund Award
- Julian Blackshear Award
- Tennessee Bar Association, Diversity Leadership Institute Inductee
- American Bar Association, Judicial Clerkship Program
- Fulton High School Mock Trial Team Advisor
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- International Bar Association