The Kansas City Business Journal hosted the Business of Beer Panel Discussion & Hoppy Hour event on Thursday, September 28. Spencer Fane partner, Mike McCann joined a panel of five that included a brewmaster, brewery owners, and a certified cicerone. Mike has represented multiple craft brewers, including Boulevard Brewing Company, in sale transactions, and discussed emerging business practices in the industry as part of the panel. For more information on the craft brewing industry, check out Mike’s presentation on Emerging Practices: Breweries/Distilleries.
Attendees enjoyed beer tastings and tacos from the Taco Republic food truck while leaders from local craft breweries shared their insight on what’s happening in the beer industry, how they launched their business, lessons learned, their favorite beers and what new brews are coming soon. You can view photos of the event here.
- Boulevard Brewing Co.
- McCoy’s Public House
- Martin City Brewing Co.
- Torn Label Brewing Co.
- KC Bier Co.
- Crane Brewing Company, LLC
- Mike McCann, Partner, Spencer Fane, LLP
- Steven Pauwels, Brewmaster, Boulevard Brewing Co.
- Rafi Chaudry, Co-Owner, Torn Label Brewing Co.
- Erica Schulte, Certified Cicerone, Back Napkin Restaurant Group
- John Couture, Owner/Operator, Bier Station