This position is responsible for providing paralegal support to multiple attorneys in our Real Estate/Tax Credit practice group, across multiple offices. It requires a confident and professional individual with good organizational skills and writing ability, preferably with prior experience in the real estate and tax credit practice. Spencer Fane offers an excellent benefits package and an opportunity to work in a challenging and collaborative environment.
Candidates will be considered in the following markets: St. Louis, MO, Kansas City, MO, Phoenix, AZ, Dallas/Plano, TX
- Manage all aspects pertaining to acquisitions, sales and exchanges, and financing or refinancing of residential and commercial real estate.
- Assist in negotiating and drafting leases, purchase and sale contracts, and assignments, as applicable.
- Review term sheets, draft due diligence checklist and complete items within checklist in preparation of closing.
- Review and organize due diligence documents.
- Work with governmental entities with any special approvals or ordinances needed for project development.
- Obtain, review and analyze title commitments, surveys, and related documents including resolving any underlying issues.
- Prepare title and survey objections letters, bond claim letters, and Sunshine requests.
- Draft organizational-specific documents including, but not limited to, resolutions and incumbency certificates.
- Coordinate closings, including finalizing closing documents, coordinating execution with transaction parties, and preparing closing binders.
- Research public records, as needed, to assist in data gathering.
- Draft organizational documentation (including, but not limited to, operating agreements, limited partnership agreements, and bylaws) after entity creation.
- Create and maintain minute books.
- Calculate and monitor critical deadlines within transaction documents.
- Handle file organization and maintenance.
- Communicate effectively, professionally, and in a timely manner with attorneys, clients and related parties.
- Track and record time in InTapp to ensure services provided are appropriately charged.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Undergraduate degree and/or paralegal certificate required.
- 3-5 years of real estate experience preferred.
- Experience with title and survey work preferred.
- Historic tax credit bridge lending and syndication experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate projects and cases for more than one attorney simultaneously.
- Must cope professionally with demands from attorneys and remain calm under pressure.
- Willingness to work long hours when needed.
- Must conduct all business in a confidential manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and proactive business style required.
- Position is generally sedentary in nature; involves sitting most of the time, but may involve the need for inter-office mobility for brief periods of time
- Ability to occasionally or routinely lift up to 10 – 20 lbs
- Ability to efficiently communicate
- Ability to perform repetitive motions required
- Ability to see and read PC screens, detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Our current COVID-19 precaution(s)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Significant work from home support